So the time has come for engagement photos – YAY!!! I love this time I get to connect with my couples and bring your engagement photos dreams to life!
Here is how we have some fun with engagement photos:
- First things first, all of my couples fill out a questionnaire prior to photos and I ask you about you two and what type of photos you are looking for – this gives me an understanding of you and what you’re hoping to get out of photos
- Next, you’ll get a guide for outfits and you can text me anything you’d like about what to wear. I love fashion and I understand what looks great in photos so of course I’ll help with this
- I recommend two outfits – one that is a little bit dressier and the other that is more casual
- Try to do a session or a part of the session that is dedicated to something you love to do – you want the pictures to be representative of you two
- Relax in the environment you are in (this might mean having a drink beforehand but I promise to get to know me prior to photos will of course help)!
- Plan around the sun – I recommend sunrise or sunset so you can have that gorgeous golden glow in your photos… it’s so beautiful on your skin and will make your skin look great too
- Go over the photo poses you like together prior to the session and make sure you send them to your photographer
- Be yourselves! I know that it is hard when you have a camera on you but you will look more natural if you are just being your normal self
- Interact as if you always would – perhaps you’re goofy…then be silly together! Perhaps you’re very romantic with another… then be intimate and romantic in front of the camera. Perhaps you’re an adventurer, then let’s plan an adventure photo shoot!
- Your outfit goal is to coordinate and not match. For more info about that head here.
- Remember to be comfortable in outfits too
- Bring a pet if it might help you relax a bit…however, if it will cause you to feel a little stressed either bring someone else along to watch your pet or leave the pet at home.
We always chat more about this during our consultation process and I love this time! You can have an amazing engagement session if you do your best to be comfortable!